For some time now, talking about code inspection, code analysis and code quality metrics, has been synonymous with SonarQube (formerly known as Sonar).
This post will not talk about the benefits of this excellent product, but if you do not know it we invite you to consult these references:
There are many ways to get metrics. We have tools like PMD, CheckStyle or Findbugs, which we can use for our local development environment using the command line, our IDE or through Jenkins plugins. However, what we’re proposing is for SonarQube to do that work.
ClinkerHQ Cloud gives us the possibility to use SonarQube with all the advantages of SaaS (Software as a Service). What does it mean for SonarQube to be available in ClinkerHQ Cloud?
- Preconfigured plugins
- Integration with Jenkins
- Integration with Redmine
- LTS versions (Long Term Support)
- Ability to install new plugins, both open-source and commercial
- Integration with SSO (Single Sign-On). Centralized management of users, groups and permissions. Authentication, authorization and session propagation among other tools.
One of the most significant features of ClinkerHQ Cloud is that each client has his/her own private, exclusive and dedicated instance. For this reason, the customization options and adaptation to specific needs are plentiful.
If you’re asking yourself:
- Can I get a ClinkerHQ Cloud plan and use only SonarQube? Yes, in fact if you need it, we can disable the other tools for CPU, RAM and storage dedicated to SonarQube
- I have a Continuous Integration environment. Can I integrate this with the installation of SonarQube that ClinkerHQ provides? Yes, no problem
- Is there a limit to the number of projects? No, the only limitations are the resources of each plan (CPU, RAM and Storage)
- We have been using SonarQube for some time and we would like to use ClinkerHQ but do not want to lose the historical data. Is it possible to import? Yes, we would first just have to analyze what version of SonarQube you were using.
If you are looking for a solution that allows you to use SonarQube as service (or hosted) because you do not want to spend time on installation, configuration and maintenance, ClinkerHQ is an option for you.